5 Reasons to Take a Cruise for the Holidays
December is here, and holiday decorations are filling the big department stores. Cue the holiday music! For most, that means its time to start the shopping for the holidays, planning and preparing for family visits, and deciding who is going to host all the festivities and do the cooking. But to travelers, the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg and sound of holiday jingles means its time to start planning a holiday getaway.
Heading out on a holiday cruise is one way to skip the gifts, the dreaded snow, the typical holidays madness, and spend more time enjoying your holiday with family and friends, in what can sometimes be an overwhelming season.
These five reasons to choose a cruise over your usual holiday traditions in the snow are going to have you packing your bags today.
- Stress free family fun: No cooking and no cleaning! Cruises are a great way for families to get away together over the holidays, while still spending some time apart. For families, there are lots of cruises that offer kids programs, activities, games and holiday festivities. While the kids are burning off their energy, parents and grandparents can relax in the spa, poolside, or go check out some live entertainment. Cruising can take the hassle out of the holiday season. The cruise will take care of all the cooking, cleaning and planning, while you and the family can just focus on making new holiday memories.
- Festive Onboard Experience: Many people are hesitant to travel around the holidays because they have a fear of missing out on their favorite holiday activities and traditions. Cruise lines are known to go above and beyond to ensure the guests holiday experience aboard their ship will be a holiday that they will remember. Extravagant meals, over-the-top performances, holiday lights and trees, carolers, and so much more will turn your ship into a tropical (winter) wonderland. Lots of cruise lines also offer several religious services and adapt their onboard entertainment to fit the season.
- Experience how other countries and cultures celebrate the holidays: One of the biggest bonuses of cruising is that you get the chance to encounter multiple destinations on one getaway. During the holidays, this means that families and all guests will get to learn how other cultures celebrate the holiday season. Rather than eating the usual holiday fare your family feasts on during the holidays, cruisers dine on a world class variety of dishes and holiday delicacies – all of which you do not have to prepare yourself! Every destination celebrates the holiday season differently, and you’ll get to experience several on a single cruise.
- Great value over the Holidays!: There’s great value on Christmas and New Year cruises! Cruise prices can include transportation, accommodation, food and entertainment. Canadians and Americans spend a small fortune each year on holiday gifts, and activities; therefore, a cruise really is some of the best value for money around the holiday season! Plus, with the assortment of all-you-can-eat buffet restaurants, fine dining options, and everything in between, you can experience world renowned dishes and cuisine included in the cost of your cruise. Kids cruise free on some cruise lines, so choose the right company, and you could save hundreds on your holiday spending. With kids clubs and onboard festivities, parents can relax knowing that their children will be well taken care of while they can enjoy some time to relax and unwind.
- Escape the winter weather and holiday madness and get back to the true meaning of the holidays: With all the craziness that surrounds the holiday season, it’s not unusual to feel overwhelmed by the amount of stress it can bring. You have to shop for perfect gifts, fight with holiday traffic and navigate icy roads, all the while trying to spend quality time with family and friends. Why not skip the madness and cruise away someplace you won’t have to cook, clean, shovel snow, and embrace the holidays without all the usual disturbances and stressors? Something can be said for getting back to spending true quality time with loved ones and focusing on what the holiday season is really about!